All applicants to the Pastoral School must have completed at least sixty (60) units of credit at an accredited college, junior/community college, or university and must have maintained a 2.0 grade point average. Prior college credit must include standard general education requirements.
- Submit a completed Application Form (All Applicants) *
- Submit a photocopy of baptismal certificate. (Pastoral Theology majors only)
- Have Official transcripts from the last institutions of higher education attended sent to the Dean of the School.
- Submit an essay showing the applicant's biography, his/her reason for applying to the program, and a sincere desire to serve the Orthodox Church either as a member of the clergy or the laity
- Have a letter from the applicant's proposed mentor indicating his willingness to serve in this capacity (All Diploma candidates).
- Have a letter of recommendation from the applicant's pastor or confessor, sent directly to the Dean (Pastoral Theology majors). This individual may also serve as the student's mentor.
*Applications should be submitted no later than September 1st
of the year that the student intends to begin studies.*
Pastoral Theology student spouses
Wives of enrolled students may enroll in the Pastoral School's Orthodox Studies Program and may take the same courses as their husbands for a reduced tuition cost of $100.00 per course--the application fee is also waived for spouses. It should be noted that wives must meet normal admission requirements for the Pastoral School.