All applicants to the Pastoral School must have completed at least sixty (60) units of credit at an accredited college, junior/community college, or university and must have maintained a 2.0 grade point average. Prior college credit must include standard general education requirements.
- Submit a completed Application Form (All Applicants) *
- Submit a photocopy of baptismal certificate. (Pastoral Theology majors only)
- Have Official transcripts from the last institutions of higher education attended sent to the Dean of the School.
- Submit an essay showing the applicant's biography, his/her reason for applying to the program, and a sincere desire to serve the Orthodox Church either as a member of the clergy or the laity
- Have a letter from the applicant's proposed mentor indicating his willingness to serve in this capacity (All Diploma candidates).
- Have a letter of recommendation from the applicant's pastor or confessor, sent directly to the Dean (Pastoral Theology majors). This individual may also serve as the student's mentor.
Applications should be submitted no later than:
*September 1st for the fall semester*
*February 1st for the winter semester*
of the year that the student intends to begin studies.
Pastoral Theology student spouses
Wives of enrolled students may enroll in the Pastoral School's Orthodox Studies Program and may take the same courses as their husbands for a reduced tuition cost of $100.00 per course--the application fee is also waived for spouses. It should be noted that wives must meet normal admission requirements for the Pastoral School.